2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby BUSHLOVERACING on Thu 18/Mar/10 9:28am

It may be April Fools Day, but the only fool will be you if you miss this race!

Bushlove Racing is proud to present the 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge
Race starts Thursday 6pm 1st April, Makara Peak Carpark (it's the day before Good Friday, so it's technically not a school night)
Entry $5 (all entry fees donated to the Makara Peak Supporters)

Image
Pre-register by email or enter on the night. If entering by email, include your name (doh!) and Karapoti time (for seeding). If entering on the day, please be at the carpark by 5:45pm.

The course is the usual “grand loop”
Start Makara Peak Carpark – Koru, Sally Alley, Missing Link, Aratahi, Ridgeline, Ridgeline Extension, Swigg and Starfish – finish Makara Peak Carpark.
The race will be a time trial format with riders leaving at 30 second intervals.

We will crown the 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Mens and Women World Champions – I pity the fool who misses this race!
This is what happened last year...
http://www.bushloveracing.com/2009/03/makara-peak-grand-loop-time-trial.html

Any questions or offers to volunteers can be directed to Mr T assistant (via the Bushlove email address above). Bushlove pays it's volunteers in chocolate...

See you all there!
Image


Link to original article: http://www.bushloveracing.com/2010/03/2 ... lenge.html
Sourced from RSS Feed: http://www.bushloveracing.com/feeds/pos ... lt?alt=rss
Original Published: 10:10pm Wednesday, 17th March 2010 - NZST
BUSHLOVERACING
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby VERT on Thu 18/Mar/10 9:56am

Cool, im keen as to race this on an inappropriate bike, whos with me?
VERT
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby crossalis on Thu 18/Mar/10 9:58am

VERT wrote:Cool, im keen as to race this on an inappropriate bike, whos with me?


Define inappropriate... :D
crossalis
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby VERT on Thu 18/Mar/10 10:08am

42lbs, 8" travel?
VERT
Member for: 19 years 2 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby thelongwalk on Thu 18/Mar/10 10:12am

yep, will b there, as long as I beat me mate on his inappropiatly light 29 er ss

just a thought, how about starting a little earlier? even 545 as it getting pretty dark in the bush by 7
thelongwalk
User avatar
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby wachtourak on Thu 18/Mar/10 10:20am

Dammit, would be keen to marshall/hurl abuse but alas I will be away (wouldn't be able to ride due to brokenness anyway :( )
wachtourak
User avatar
"IMDABES"
Member for: 19 years 1 month

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby Zoom on Thu 18/Mar/10 1:01pm

Oh, man - I would do this but being the day the Easter Holidays start I will be away already :(
Zoom
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby fatwombat on Fri 19/Mar/10 12:50am

crossalis wrote:
VERT wrote:Cool, im keen as to race this on an inappropriate bike, whos with me?


Define inappropriate... :D

I want to see Joel do it on his Trek Madone!(is that pronounced the same way as the two words - mad one?) :butbut: :D :lol: maybe Bushlove could put up some special extra prizemoney for the first finisher on a carbon road bike?
fatwombat
User avatar
"Our planet is the mental institution of the universe. - Goethe"
Member for: 12 years 4 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby floydigus on Fri 19/Mar/10 11:54am

Zoom wrote:Oh, man - I would do this but being the day the Easter Holidays start I will be away already :(

I agree. This is the completely the wrong date! :crazy: Loads of folks will be heading away.
Last year it was on a Tuesday evening, IIRC, which was pure win.

Anyway, what about a night time version of this during the winter?
floydigus
User avatar
"“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby crossalis on Fri 19/Mar/10 11:56am

thelongwalk wrote:just a thought, how about starting a little earlier? even 545 as it getting pretty dark in the bush by 7


Unfortunately I couldn't make that happen!

I picked this up last minute, so it was a mad rush to beat the end of daylight savings. I promise to get this event run earlier in the season next time (in fact it will be put on the calendar to make it a permanent event).

AL
crossalis
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby crossalis on Fri 19/Mar/10 12:03pm

floydigus wrote:
Zoom wrote:Oh, man - I would do this but being the day the Easter Holidays start I will be away already :(

I agree. This is the completely the wrong date! :crazy: Loads of folks will be heading away.
Last year it was on a Tuesday evening, IIRC, which was pure win.

Anyway, what about a night time version of this during the winter?


I'm sorry about this, but I only picked this event up about a week ago so it has been a mad rush to get it organised (baptism by fire as this is the first time I have managed a race!). So while it is not the most ideal date for everyone, the event will happen which is the most important thing I think.

Your suggestion on a winter series, hmmm you'll just have to wait and see....
crossalis
User avatar
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby floydigus on Fri 19/Mar/10 12:12pm

crossalis wrote:
floydigus wrote:
Zoom wrote:Oh, man - I would do this but being the day the Easter Holidays start I will be away already :(

I agree. This is the completely the wrong date! :crazy: Loads of folks will be heading away.
Last year it was on a Tuesday evening, IIRC, which was pure win.

Anyway, what about a night time version of this during the winter?


I'm sorry about this, but I only picked this event up about a week ago so it has been a mad rush to get it organised (baptism by fire as this is the first time I have managed a race!). So while it is not the most ideal date for everyone, the event will happen which is the most important thing I think.

Your suggestion on a winter series, hmmm you'll just have to wait and see....


Sorry about the negative vibes man. You're a fecking legend for taking this on. :love:
Will see if I can make it. I'm super-keen for the night-time idea, and happy to help out if I can.
floydigus
User avatar
"“Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.”"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby ryda on Fri 19/Mar/10 12:34pm

If you would like a couple of marshalls SC and I are more than happy to help out
I'll even sit up the top in the cold to do the timing splits again if you like
ryda
User avatar
"WTF"
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby jeyboi on Fri 19/Mar/10 12:44pm

floydigus wrote:This is the completely the wrong date! :crazy: Loads of folks will be heading away.


Who are these "loads" of folks?
jeyboi
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 2010 Makara Peak Grand Loop Challenge

Postby Yogi on Fri 19/Mar/10 1:42pm

The email address to register/offer assistance is....? (noticed it's gone)
Yogi
User avatar
Member for: 18 years 1 month

Bushlove Racing | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Lower North Island | Mountain Biking | New Zealand | Regions | Vogs | Wellington | Wellington Region - Latest Posts

Who is online

88 Users browsing this website: Google [Bot] and 87 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit
  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle

cron