Butch wrote:
Whos with me? :satan:

Who do you want killed? :thumbsup:

1 down, 4 to go :)
Butch
"Like a monkey, ready to be shot into space!"
Member for: 11 years 1 month

Postby ginga_power on Sun 20/May/07 9:23pm

wgtngrl wrote: I had my place to stay sorted months ago! The Canberra off road club have done a fantastic job - the tracks will be mint and hopefully the weather will be on a good year (snow wouldn't be the best...)

Snow in canberra is a very very long shot. I believe a snotload of dust will be in order, as the trails crumble under moderate use.
ginga_power
Member for: 10 years 5 months

Postby wgtngrl on Mon 21/May/07 7:07am

ginga_power wrote:
wgtngrl wrote: I had my place to stay sorted months ago! The Canberra off road club have done a fantastic job - the tracks will be mint and hopefully the weather will be on a good year (snow wouldn't be the best...)

Snow in canberra is a very very long shot. I believe a snotload of dust will be in order, as the trails crumble under moderate use.

Not such a long shot - they had snow the night before the Mont (in October) a couple of years back. In August it will be cold at night and probably quite warm during the day.

Ocky wrote:Will be there this year too. For 24hr's of racing fun with my little Bro

Doing the Mont (or is it the Scott again this year?). It's a great race eh? Though I was impressed that the moonride is getting close to the same atmosphere. They just need a few more food outlets and hot showers. Oh, and all the super hi-tech stuff like the big screen at transition showing live stuff in the forest and listing riders and results as they come through, plus a tent with a dozen pc's for checking results...

Oli wrote:I hope to be there in one capacity or another.

Me toooooo :thumbsup: I reckon you're a shoe-in. I've got my work cut out for me :cool:
wgtngrl
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Ocky on Mon 21/May/07 6:23pm

wgtngrl wrote:

Ocky wrote:Will be there this year too. For 24hr's of racing fun with my little Bro

Doing the Mont (or is it the Scott again this year?). It's a great race eh? Though I was impressed that the moonride is getting close to the same atmosphere. They just need a few more food outlets and hot showers. Oh, and all the super hi-tech stuff like the big screen at transition showing live stuff in the forest and listing riders and results as they come through, plus a tent with a dozen pc's for checking results...

:

Will be doing the Scott 24hr. Plus a few day's riding in the Blue Mountains again :) .

I raced the Moonride again this year but didn't get to catch up with to many people (as I was trying to race, plus be support crew for a 24hr solo).

Bring on hot showers! Even the small Beaudesert 12hr race (in Queenland) has hot showers. :thumbsup:
Ocky
Member for: 13 years 9 months

Re: 2009 Mtb World Champs To Be Held In Australia

Postby bilbobaggins on Thu 4/Jun/09 12:26pm

Damn. If only we had $7.5 million to build a park in Wellington. Come on John Key, how about some 'infrastructure' and 'tourism' investment...cue dreams of perfectly formed trails and hits.

My brother lives in Canberra, I might have to retract all my previous threats to never go there.
bilbobaggins
Member for: 11 years 6 months

Postby Wills27 on Thu 4/Jun/09 7:04pm

so when are the exact dates for it????
Wills27
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Monolith on Thu 4/Jun/09 7:09pm

Wills27 wrote:so when are the exact dates for it????

Have you tried reading the first paragraph of the first post? :eh:
Monolith
"Look! I still walk away"
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Postby Astoria Paranoia on Thu 4/Jun/09 7:09pm

No..
That would be far too sensible

:huh:
Astoria Paranoia
Member for: 15 years 2 months

4X/ BSX Racing | ACT | Australia | Canberra | Cross Country Racing | Cycling | Downhill Racing | Events | Mountain Biking | News | Regions | Trials - Latest Posts