Postby Joel on Fri 13/Jun/08 8:22pm

Al_Bushman wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote: Ahhhh . The annual vorbi anticipation B4 the mighty TDF. :love: Let the annual ritual begin!!! Followed closely by the annual rubbishing of the TDF afterwards and those swearing they'll never watch it again, only to turn up year after year for more :D
I have read this post 5 times now Al.
What is your point exactly? :sly:

Weeeelllll...... Every year we all really look forward to it and discuss the living shit out of it beforehand, and every year it gets ripped to bits by some doping scandal where vorbi conclude that they're over the TDF once and for all and swear they'll never watch it ever again. :p

Personally I don't really care what happens. It's intriguing PEDS or no PEDS!

I wonder if the bookies are taking bets on who will be the first person to get busted during the tour :D
Sorry still got nothing :paranoid:

Go play with your bent Bianchi!

I'm gonna dig up an old thread and "out" those that said they weren't interested in the TDF last time. They will be banned from this thread!

I hope it's not me :paranoid:

shit better check what i said :huh: but sure i did not say anything so stupid given my avatar!
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Iceberg on Sat 14/Jun/08 2:41pm

My Brother had a lazy $10 on Rasmussen for the overall last year. Mate he was dissapointed after stage 16. Funnily enough he's not interested in the TDF this year. :cool:

Personally I love it despite, and ironically because of, the drama's off the road.
Iceberg
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby Vagabondo on Sun 15/Jun/08 11:59am

Iceberg wrote: My Brother had a lazy $10 on Rasmussen for the overall last year. ....

And you should have seen my cyclingnews fantasy team. If they do it again this year I can tell you after I've submitted my team who is not gonna win anything.

All very well 7 pages of vorbing but there hasn't been much of a challenge so far. try answering these (ok I WANT Cunego to win but that doesn't say anything about whether I THINK he will or not):

Poka dot?
Spinter?
Best young rider?
Local unknown who steals the jersey for a few glorious days on the flat and heroic stage or two in the mountain before the big stars come tapping on their shoulder and mow them down in a blase of French tears???????????????? :cry:
Vagabondo
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby hogan111 on Mon 16/Jun/08 10:23pm

Yellow - Evans (Would love to see Devolder push him OR beat him )
Green - Boonen (French will let him back in)
Poka Dot- ??
hogan111
Member for: 12 years 9 months

Postby Lambretta on Wed 18/Jun/08 8:58pm

I'm going Valverde - not least cos I'm a pom and I...just...can't...back...an...Aussie :p

Cavendish for two stage wins as well :thumbsup:
Lambretta
"I beg your pardon, I never promised you a beer garden."
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Lozz on Wed 18/Jun/08 9:15pm

Julz for all 3 Jerseys...

What? if rugby players can overrate NZ so can i!!!!
Lozz
"Shaven and misbehave'n"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby Friendly Llama on Wed 18/Jun/08 9:50pm

Iceberg wrote: My Brother had a lazy $10 on Rasmussen for the overall last year. Mate he was dissapointed after stage 16. Funnily enough he's not interested in the TDF this year. :cool:

Personally I love it despite, and ironically because of, the drama's off the road.

I had $10 on him for overall, and $10 for KOM :(
I was one of those 'never again' people, but it was just passion and over-reacting. Still not willing to take a stab yet, I might head to the TAB and piss away some money in the day or two before it all kicks off.
Friendly Llama
Member for: 16 years 0 months

Postby Joel on Wed 18/Jun/08 10:15pm

one of the schleck brothers for the top 5.. perhaps the younger one Andy, he seems to be a real talent..but not sure he would be given the room to push for a good GC
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 17 years 5 months

Postby Vagabondo on Thu 19/Jun/08 12:18am

And now from our dear friends at cyclingnews: "We are still waiting for the payments from last year's Tour," noted President of the Association of Professional Cyclists (CPA), Cédric Vasseur."

:angry: Geez man, me thinks that half the time the ASO is bringing the sport into disrepute...
Vagabondo
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby dhroadie on Thu 19/Jun/08 9:17am

Vagabondo wrote:
:angry: Geez man, me thinks that half the time the ASO is bringing the sport into disrepute...

Yep, I'd +1 that.

I love le Tour. I'll watch it this year, I watched last year and I'll continue to do so in the future. If nothing else, it inspires me to get out on my bike!
dhroadie
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Postby XCrazy on Thu 19/Jun/08 10:09am

The schelck brothers form is looking pretty ominous. Frank would have taken the overall lead in the tour de suisse if he hadn't crashed :huh: Andy is pretty high up as well.

My money is on andy for the white jersey in the tour de france if he is still young enough
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 12 years 6 months

Postby Tugboat on Thu 19/Jun/08 10:20am

XCrazy wrote: The schelck brothers form is looking pretty ominous. Frank would have taken the overall lead in the tour de suisse if he hadn't crashed :huh: Andy is pretty high up as well.

My money is on andy for the white jersey in the tour de france if he is still young enough

Andy is 23... so two more years for the young rider classification. He'd be my pick for white for sure as well with Thomas Dekker probably his biggest rival. Certainly Schleck has the ability to get through the mountains a lot better than Dekker provided he can keep out of trouble. Perhaps a little fortunate that Mauricio Soler and Amets Txurruka have both turned 25 since the last Tour though.
Tugboat
"Bringing back the biff"
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Postby skeletor on Thu 19/Jun/08 10:38am

Joel wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Al_Bushman wrote: Ahhhh . The annual vorbi anticipation B4 the mighty TDF. :love: Let the annual ritual begin!!! Followed closely by the annual rubbishing of the TDF afterwards and those swearing they'll never watch it again, only to turn up year after year for more :D
I have read this post 5 times now Al.
What is your point exactly? :sly:

Weeeelllll...... Every year we all really look forward to it and discuss the living shit out of it beforehand, and every year it gets ripped to bits by some doping scandal where vorbi conclude that they're over the TDF once and for all and swear they'll never watch it ever again. :p

Personally I don't really care what happens. It's intriguing PEDS or no PEDS!

I wonder if the bookies are taking bets on who will be the first person to get busted during the tour :D
Sorry still got nothing :paranoid:

Go play with your bent Bianchi!

I'm gonna dig up an old thread and "out" those that said they weren't interested in the TDF last time. They will be banned from this thread!

I hope it's not me :paranoid:

shit better check what i said :huh: but sure i did not say anything so stupid given my avatar!

Fuck, my anger at last years farce might make me exempt from comment this year :blush:
skeletor
"can has your sister?"
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Postby Buds on Thu 19/Jun/08 10:47am

Tugboat wrote:
XCrazy wrote: The schelck brothers form is looking pretty ominous. Frank would have taken the overall lead in the tour de suisse if he hadn't crashed :huh: Andy is pretty high up as well.

Andy is 23... so two more years for the young rider classification. He'd be my pick for white for sure as well with Thomas Dekker probably his biggest rival. Certainly Schleck has the ability to get through the mountains a lot better than Dekker provided he can keep out of trouble. Perhaps a little fortunate that Mauricio Soler and Amets Txurruka have both turned 25 since the last Tour though.

Is Gesink riding? He got 4th in the Dauphine and is only about 22 now. Has had a great year and a real talent.
Buds
User avatarMedal
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby nostromo on Thu 19/Jun/08 11:03am

Vagabondo wrote: And now from our dear friends at cyclingnews: "We are still waiting for the payments from last year's Tour," noted President of the Association of Professional Cyclists (CPA), Cédric Vasseur."

I wonder if they can even get the unrestrained fat Labrador situation under control this year? Man all it would take is a man chucking sausies into the tree's AWAY from the race.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 13 years 5 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts