Postby Compact on Tue 29/Jul/08 9:34pm

Yep a week at the """BEACH""" before hand ;) ;) he should walk away with it.
Compact
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Wed 30/Jul/08 12:02am

Great Murray Webb caricature in the papers... :D
Sastre.jpg
Oli
Member for: 12 years 3 months

Postby SamultheCamul on Wed 30/Jul/08 9:32pm

Oli wrote: Katusha will be there, and as for Astana you'd have to put Contador as #1 Tour fave, wouldn't you?

So long as he hasn't gone down in flames... :huh:

Basso!!!
SamultheCamul
Member for: 14 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Wed 30/Jul/08 9:36pm

Ooh, yeah! I'd forgotten about Ivan the Terrible...Yep, hard to go past that guy, so long as his talent wasn't all the EPO.
Oli

Postby XCrazy on Wed 30/Jul/08 9:49pm

SamultheCamul wrote:
Oli wrote: Katusha will be there, and as for Astana you'd have to put Contador as #1 Tour fave, wouldn't you?

So long as he hasn't gone down in flames... :huh:

Basso!!!

I believe he has signed with liquigas, sorry if i'm stating what everyone knew
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby Joel on Wed 30/Jul/08 9:55pm

Oli wrote: Ooh, yeah! I'd forgotten about Ivan the Terrible...Yep, hard to go past that guy, so long as his talent wasn't all the EPO.

i doubt if he would be let back into the tour?
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Compact on Wed 30/Jul/08 10:00pm

Look for the last time my dog isn't called Birillo(sp) Basso, Thought he would have used a better code name to go on the blood bags then his family pet :crazy:
Compact
Member for: 9 years 10 months

Postby Oli on Wed 30/Jul/08 10:10pm

Joel wrote:
Oli wrote: Ooh, yeah! I'd forgotten about Ivan the Terrible...Yep, hard to go past that guy, so long as his talent wasn't all the EPO.

He might be okay if the whole ProTour concept gets killed - the rules seem to be shifting all the time...
Oli

Postby XCrazy on Wed 30/Jul/08 10:14pm

Oli wrote:
Joel wrote:

He might be okay if the whole ProTour concept gets killed - the rules seem to be shifting all the time...

The Protour concept has been killed. In sigining Basso Liquigas withdrew form some teams association as their guudlines stated they were not to sign convivted drug takers for another two years after their ban had been served I believe :paranoid:
XCrazy
"WWJD...... What Would Jens Do?"
Member for: 10 years 9 months

Postby musket on Wed 30/Jul/08 10:15pm

Of course ASO doesn't have to invite him or his team...
musket
Member for: 15 years 2 months

Postby nostromo on Wed 30/Jul/08 11:15pm

I didn't get to see the last stage, but found a cool piece of video on Versus of the final sprint, they somehow have a camera tearing alongside Steegmans as he goes on the last straight, much more exciting to watch than a front on view of a sprint.

http://www.versus.com/tdf/article/categ ... e&ss=video
Click on 'Carlos Sastre Wins the 2008 Tour de France'

Can see JD right up there his wheel popping in and out of the view till the end when he just gets jumped by a few on the line.
nostromo
":-("
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Oli on Thu 31/Jul/08 8:06am

They had a tracking cam running within the barriers - great to see a sprint from side-on like that...

In other news, Ricco has confessed his use of EPO, but wonders why only 2 of 10 tests were positive.
Oli

Postby dented on Thu 31/Jul/08 8:51am

Yeah, that little tidbit might undo some of the respect that pro-cycling has gained back with this Tour.
dented
Member for: 12 years 1 month

Postby Joel on Thu 31/Jul/08 8:57am

i doubt that. media all went with the Tour is cheating again story at the time, not enough attention to now focus on a follow up story on test details.

interesting with whats happened between UCI and ASO, basically a rival circuit with all the big events (excluding the olympics). It seems from what i can gather that UCI wants to be the rule setter as well as setting agenda on events, clipping the ticket on the revenue.

will UCI have to hit rock bottom before starting to compromise with ASO, as ASO does not really have to compromise at this point. Unless the quality of the riders racing in their events gets diluted.

tough to pick how it is going to pan out.
Joel
"Style over speed"
Member for: 15 years 8 months

Postby Dazzle on Thu 31/Jul/08 8:59am

They need to install that track cam either beside or above the road for all sprint finish stages. It is the kind of exciting coverage to get more cycling onto the TV news.
Dazzle
Member for: 15 years 9 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts