Postby istepinyards on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:07pm

Spokes wrote: The TDF just doesnt have the hold on me it used to. Now that Armstrong and Ullrich arnt there it just isnt the same.
Did you say that when Rominger and Indurain retired as well. I know I did.
Who is this Armstrong you speak of.
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:10pm

istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote: The TDF just doesnt have the hold on me it used to. Now that Armstrong and Ullrich arnt there it just isnt the same.
Did you say that when Rominger and Indurain retired as well. I know I did.
Who is this Armstrong you speak of.


Who and who?, showing your age there fella. :D
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:13pm

I wasn't happy once Hinault pulled the pin, but my first year of following pro cycling was the final year that Merckx rode! :paranoid:
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby istepinyards on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:13pm

Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote: The TDF just doesnt have the hold on me it used to. Now that Armstrong and Ullrich arnt there it just isnt the same.
Did you say that when Rominger and Indurain retired as well. I know I did.
Who is this Armstrong you speak of.


Who and who?, showing your age there fella. :D
36 for me is that old :eh:
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Spokes on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:15pm

istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote: The TDF just doesnt have the hold on me it used to. Now that Armstrong and Ullrich arnt there it just isnt the same.
Did you say that when Rominger and Indurain retired as well. I know I did.
Who is this Armstrong you speak of.


Who and who?, showing your age there fella. :D
36 for me is that old :eh:


Ok so your younger then me but I started late into this whole TDF thing. :blush:
Spokes
User avatar
""Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."--W.C. Fields"
Member for: 13 years 0 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:18pm

You wouldn't even know who Armstrong and Indurain were if it wasn't for the Tour. The race is the thing - just let it wash over you and marvel in whoever is doing the business. It will be a great race, even if someone we've never heard of wins it.
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby istepinyards on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:23pm

Tony Rominger
3 Vuelta's
1 Giro
2 Paris-Nice
2 Turreno-Adriatico
2 world hour records
= 1 SUPERSTAR
and 1 good Avatar :thumbsup:
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:24pm

He was gammy as fuck and he cried when Big Mig sphinctered him. :D
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby istepinyards on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:27pm

Oli wrote: He was gammy as fuck and he cried when Big Mig sphinctered him. :D
I agree but if I was sphintered water would also gush from my eyes :0
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:33pm

His tape to tape Giro win was impressive as hell - I have grainy old video footage of Mapei driving on the front of the peloton all over Italy. I also have some cool footage of Jalabert winning Lagos de Covadonga in the pissing rain on the 94 Vuelta, which Rominger lead from start to finish too...
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Dazzle on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:36pm

Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote: The TDF just doesnt have the hold on me it used to. Now that Armstrong and Ullrich arnt there it just isnt the same.
Did you say that when Rominger and Indurain retired as well. I know I did.
Who is this Armstrong you speak of.


Who and who?, showing your age there fella. :D
36 for me is that old :eh:


Ok so your younger then me but I started late into this whole TDF thing. :blush:


I am younger than the lot of you, and it has not been the same since Lemond won it with an aero assisted individual time trial. :huh:
Dazzle
User avatar
Member for: 16 years 9 months

Postby istepinyards on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:36pm

Oli wrote: His tape to tape Giro win was impressive as hell - I have grainy old video footage of Mapei driving on the front of the peloton all over Italy. I also have some cool footage of Jalabert winning Lagos de Covadonga in the pissing rain on the 94 Vuelta, which Rominger lead from start to finish too...
Wanna go swapsies :thumbsup:
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:38pm

Mate, if I can dig 'em out you're welcome to them! I'll have a rummage around under the house in the weekend. :)
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby istepinyards on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:41pm

Dazzle wrote:
Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote:
istepinyards wrote:
Spokes wrote: The TDF just doesnt have the hold on me it used to. Now that Armstrong and Ullrich arnt there it just isnt the same.
Did you say that when Rominger and Indurain retired as well. I know I did.
Who is this Armstrong you speak of.


Who and who?, showing your age there fella. :D
36 for me is that old :eh:


Ok so your younger then me but I started late into this whole TDF thing. :blush:


I am younger than the lot of you, and it has not been the same since Lemond won it with an aero assisted individual time trial. :huh:
Meh Lemond was and still is a top shelf tosser.
Actually the Remy Martin of tossers
istepinyards
User avatar
"I'm not arrogant, I am just better than you. That is a scientific fact."
Member for: 11 years 9 months

Postby Oli on Thu 12/Jun/08 5:42pm

Dazzle wrote:I am younger than the lot of you, and it has not been the same since Lemond won it with an aero assisted individual time trial. :huh:


I think Landis' win on the Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne to Morzine stage of the 2006 Tour beat that, although it could be argued he had some assistance also... :D
Oli
User avatar
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Cycling | Road Cycling - Latest Posts

Who is online

61 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot] and 57 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit

cron