Fs: 2008 Marzocchi 55r Forks - Damaged. Good For Parts. Free

Postby Muz on Tue 19/Apr/11 12:10pm

hi all,

I have a set of damaged 2008 Marzocchi 55R forks (150mm travel) that I would like to get rid of.
They would be perfect if someone is either after the spare parts or wants to canniblise them etc.

The Left hand stanchion - cartridge side of the fork, has had a dodgy bush in it. The end result is a bit of worn anodising on the stanchion, where it has worn against the bushes (which ( believe had some filth in it). The stanchion has a small pit or hole in it.

Other than that:
The lowers are in excellent condition - very few rubs or marks etc, mint structually. You would need to get the bushes swapped out though.
New seals in the lowers - I just reassembled the forks the other night for one trip - to collect a new set of forks. The seals should be popped out, the bushes changed, then the seals reinstalled after a clean.

The cartridge on the left hand side of the fork is the revised version - i.e. it had the classic 55R problem of the travel reducing, which Marzocchi admitted was due to defective dampers. The damper was replaced at my cost and has had low levels of use.

The spring is in perfect condition.

Marzocchi QR 20mm axle included.

I think $100 is a fair price for the forks in their current condition.
Open to offers / ideas - eg: if you have something you would like to swap etc.

Contact me via PM as I don't check threads on this site very often.
Postage at buyer's expense. Forks could be dropped off in central Wellington area.
Photos shown below.
Rebound adjustment knob is on back-order with a shop and has been for about 6 months. They are apparently quite hard to get a hold of.
If the knob turns up prior to the sale of the forks, it will be included. I am happy to transfer the back-order to the forks new owner (or details of it). The knob randomly bounced off one day at the bottom of a downhill. It kind clicks into place. Rebound adjustment works perfectly.

Oh - last comment. Rub marks on the stanchion are NOT visible in the photo's. It is at the same level as the bush on the stanchion and is not visible unless you disassemble the forks. I suspect the forks will continue to work for a long time, but as far as I am concerned - I am selling them as is, in a damaged state.
19042011171.jpg
55 Forks 1
19042011172.jpg
55 Forks 2
19042011173.jpg
55 Forks 3
19042011174.jpg
55 Forks 4
19042011176.jpg
55 Forks 5
19042011177.jpg
55 Forks 6
19042011181.jpg
55 Forks 7
Last edited by Muz on Sun 25/Oct/15 4:56pm, edited 1 time in total.
Muz
Member for: 12 years 11 months

Muz

Re: Fs: 2008 Marzocchi 55r Forks - Damaged. Good For Parts. $100

Postby andy_cliff on Fri 29/Apr/11 11:02am

hey there man, are these still working well enough? i mean they clearly have issues that need fixing but are they leaking oil etc and would they still be suitable to use? cheers andy
andy_cliff
Member for: 10 years 2 months

Re: Fs: 2008 Marzocchi 55r Forks - Damaged. Good For Parts. $100

Postby Muz on Thu 5/May/11 7:15pm

andy_cliff wrote:hey there man, are these still working well enough? i mean they clearly have issues that need fixing but are they leaking oil etc and would they still be suitable to use? cheers andy

Hi Andy,

Yes they are still working fine....they might keep working forever to be honest, but I can't gaurantee it.
The only thing really "wrong" with them at the moment is put 5wt oil into them instead of th 7.5wt oil they should have, as I was in a real hurry to collect some new forks and couldn't find the correct oil.
So they're a bit soft, but aren't bottoming out crazily or anything. I've ridden them once in that condition and that's it. I suggest swapping them back to the proper 7.5wt oil, but if you were super light, you might even get away with them.
Muz

Re: Fs: 2008 Marzocchi 55r Forks - Damaged. Good For Parts. Free

Postby Muz on Sun 25/Oct/15 4:58pm

I still have these forks in my laundry. If anyone wants them, they're free.

Any postage is obviously not included & would need to be paid up front.
Forks can be collected via arrangement from Lower Hutt, Wellington.
Muz

Postby shmoodiver on Sun 25/Oct/15 5:01pm

yeah i'll grab them muz, will pm you and get someone to collect.
shmoodiver
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby Muz on Sun 25/Oct/15 5:08pm

shmoodiver wrote:yeah i'll grab them muz, will pm you and get someone to collect.

Sweet. Done! I kinda need them gone as I'll need to move in a month or so. Fire me a PM & we can go from there :)
Muz

Classifieds | Cycling | For Sale | Mountain Biking - Latest Posts