Postby molotovd on Wed 15/Oct/08 3:19pm

I dont class the rat as talent. Maybe 10 years ago. buts thats a matter of opinion.

On that topic, anyone alse hear today the he's broken the right foot/ankle in 2 places asn is in wheelchair!! :crazy:
whats wrong with crutches? i was had them for 10 friggin weeks with my broken leg.
molotovd
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby Robbie on Wed 15/Oct/08 3:57pm

Jason Rrichards I reckon is quick.. the Rat made too many silly errors too often, although he had a good day when he won the World Champs in a touring car ( the Mondeo) , when it was a one race series...

Perhaps the injuries the rat got at bathurst in the past are still haunting him, and another crash has redamaged things..
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby molotovd on Wed 15/Oct/08 4:01pm

Robbie wrote: Jason Rrichards I reckon is quick.. the Rat made too many silly errors too often, although he had a good day when he won the World Champs in a touring car ( the Mondeo) , when it was a one race series...

Perhaps the injuries the rat got at bathurst in the past are still haunting him, and another crash has redamaged things..
could be too..
molotovd

Postby duzall on Wed 15/Oct/08 9:44pm

I know I'll get flamed for this...but I really don't care.

Go watch the start of that race again, and have a read of the blog that Jason Richards writes. Of course Lowndes wouldn't get a penalty for that (almost anyone else would), he's going to be the next Peter Brock. What a joke. Great sportsmanship there...

As for Murph "whinging", how about Lowndes whinging on the radio EVERY BLOODY RACE about someone daring to try and race him (i.e. not letting him past)...

I thought Radisich had a stuck throttle (which caused the crash), they thought they had the same problem with the #16 car so they pulled out...
duzall

Postby ants06 on Wed 15/Oct/08 9:46pm

duzall wrote: I know I'll get flamed for this...but I really don't care.

Go watch the start of that race again, and have a read of the blog that Jason Richards writes. Of course Lowndes wouldn't get a penalty for that (almost anyone else would), he's going to be the next Peter Brock. What a joke. Great sportsmanship there...

As for Murph "whinging", how about Lowndes whinging on the radio EVERY BLOODY RACE about someone daring to try and race him (i.e. not letting him past)...

I thought Radisich had a stuck throttle (which caused the crash), they thought they had the same problem with the #16 car so they pulled out...

thank you !!! :p
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 15/Oct/08 11:06pm

Seen the start of the race acouple of times now. Who is saying Lowndes wouldn't get a penalty? You or Richards?

You follow someone on the open road that does enough on the straights to not allow you to pass but slows you in the corners. Oh and you get paid more for not being held up by said driver/drivers. They all do it its just some have a case for it and some think its their right to be in front.

I believe it was the same trouble with the #16 and Kelly car. Both cars having a sticky throttle is abit odd, new throttle linkage or something maybe?
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby dented on Wed 15/Oct/08 11:22pm

Here is a tip from someone who has done a bit of racing. If you are contesting a corner side by side with another car, the absolute worst place to be is on the outside of the other car. Main reason being, if the other car (or you for that matter), for any reason, cannot negotiate the corner the the speed they are trying to, they can only possibly run wide. Ie: You are going to get hit. Now factor in that Lowndes rear wheel hit Murphs R/F door, so was Murph ever going to get through Turn 2 in front of Lowndes on Lap 1? Maybe someone ought to admit, that even in the heat of the race at that time, they should have used some discretion, weighed up that there was still over 6 hours racing ahead, and lifted off to slot in behind the other car. I did watch it several times, and Lowndes did move over, just as I would have if I had been in his position, and just as murph should have anticipated, as he would also have done the same thing.

I have raced against Murph in the past, infact he mentions a race meeting where we were both competing in his autobiography 'Murphs Law' when we were both karting at the age of 12 (roughly), and he won the fucking TV. I remember him being quick and clean at the time.
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 15/Oct/08 11:27pm

I'm with Dents.
It also looked like Lowndes was forced on the grass then collected Murph when he came back on, which isn't uncommon.
Murph and Richards should really be saying is that if I/Murphy hadn't flat spotted that tyre cause he's a hot head when may well have won the race.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Flyboy on Thu 16/Oct/08 8:23am

:pmob: Craig, Andrew... What happened to you guys, you used to be cool :D :D :D
bleeding blue oval supporters, Lowndes CLEARLY and MALICIOUSLY lined uup the hapless Greg Murphy and swung his car into him as hard as he could around the corner. You can clearly see the look on Lowndes' face, the sheer TERROR of the thought of racing against Murphy for the next 160 laps.
Now 'fess up lads, you know Im right :D
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby dented on Thu 16/Oct/08 8:28am

:lol:

At least the internet is alive and well, everybody knows that all the people posting in this thread know waaaaaay more than those so-called 'professional racing drivers' about how to overtake in a V8 supercar
:D
dented
Member for: 12 years 2 months

Postby molotovd on Thu 16/Oct/08 8:50am

haha i confess... :sad:
molotovd

Bathurst

Postby tylerxc on Sat 18/Oct/08 10:35am

bathurst is i the bewst race of the year because i can sit on the couch day lol :)
tylerxc
Member for: 9 years 3 months

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts