Postby ryda on Mon 13/Oct/08 3:39pm

wachtourak wrote: Drivers like Murphy, Ingall, Ambrose back when he was racing etc add a bit of colour IMO, most of the drivers are dull as dishwater, at least those guys aren't afraid to tell it how it is.

ryda wrote:he almost chucked it away with another of his stupid moves. IMHO he is a one track wonder.

Where did Murphy almost 'chuck it away'? I never noticed him have any big moments. Yeah he whacked doorhandles with Lowndes in the first lap, but him and other drivers do that sorta thing all the time on the first lap of pretty much any race...
about the 2nd or 3rd to last restart at cat corner (quarry) he tried to go around the outside of Courtney which was never going to happen there and he had a big moment
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 10 months

Postby molotovd on Mon 13/Oct/08 3:51pm

ryda wrote: about the 2nd or 3rd to last restart at cat corner (quarry) he tried to go around the outside of Courtney which was never going to happen there and he had a big moment

It was the FPR Richards Car. :paranoid:
molotovd
Member for: 11 years 7 months

Postby jeremyb on Mon 13/Oct/08 3:56pm

I was quite disappointed that Luff took out Baird in the last few laps, him and Seton were having a great race, always thought Glenn deserved a win at Bathurst, not too sure what the hell he's doing in a holden again for tho', thought he was blue oval thru and thru :(
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby neels on Mon 13/Oct/08 3:56pm

molotovd wrote:
ryda wrote: about the 2nd or 3rd to last restart at cat corner (quarry) he tried to go around the outside of Courtney which was never going to happen there and he had a big moment

Which was pretty hard to go around as it was spending most of it's time sideways :D
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 3 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 13/Oct/08 3:59pm

:pmob: :D
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 7 months

Postby molotovd on Mon 13/Oct/08 4:00pm

jeremyb wrote: I was quite disappointed that Luff took out Baird in the last few laps, him and Seton were having a great race, always thought Glenn deserved a win at Bathurst, not too sure what the hell he's doing in a holden again for tho', thought he was blue oval thru and thru :(

He was having issues getting a drive.. has been for the last coupla seasons.

He's one of the only guys left that deserves a break. He's never won there, but been soooo close sooo many times. And it' really is never his fault. Either the other driver crashes out, or a puncture on like the last 2 laps, run out of gas, or gets taken out.

I dont think he's going to be racing too much longer.. Struggled to get the drive he's in now.. :crazy:
molotovd

Postby molotovd on Mon 13/Oct/08 4:02pm

neels wrote:
molotovd wrote:

Which was pretty hard to go around as it was spending most of it's time sideways :D

That was the first time we saw signs of the rear of that car being loose. Murph knew it was going to happen but just had to wait it out. Those rear slicks were never going to go that distance at that speed.. :p
molotovd

Postby jeremyb on Mon 13/Oct/08 4:10pm

molotovd wrote:
jeremyb wrote: I was quite disappointed that Luff took out Baird in the last few laps, him and Seton were having a great race, always thought Glenn deserved a win at Bathurst, not too sure what the hell he's doing in a holden again for tho', thought he was blue oval thru and thru :(

He's one of the only guys left that deserves a break. He's never won there, but been soooo close sooo many times. And it' really is never his fault. Either the other driver crashes out, or a puncture on like the last 2 laps, run out of gas, or gets taken out.

I dont think he's going to be racing too much longer.. Struggled to get the drive he's in now.. :crazy:

He's getting on in age too, not many guys from that era are still driving :(
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 11 months

Postby ants06 on Mon 13/Oct/08 4:14pm

molotovd wrote: LOL yeah was murph.. He's a bloody hot head. Thats why him and Ambose never got on. Both the same

NO they didn't get on cos ambose was i dick head ( the man could drive some times thought).
ants06
"Google first muppet"
Member for: 11 years 3 months

Postby pedalingkiwi on Mon 13/Oct/08 5:37pm

ants06 wrote:
molotovd wrote: LOL yeah was murph.. He's a bloody hot head. Thats why him and Ambose never got on. Both the same

NO they didn't get on cos ambose was i dick head ( the man could drive some times thought).

A bit tangential but Ambrose at least backed himself when at top of the Aus V8 game to go to USA and have a go. This year he has broken through into NASCAR - driving a Woods Bros Ford at both the road circuits - with good showings / got noticed (ran right up near the front in California, before getting punted off near the end) and has started at least one oval race also - not sure if he has tied down a fulltime NASCAR seat for 09.
pedalingkiwi
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 13/Oct/08 6:12pm

jeremyb wrote:
molotovd wrote:

He's getting on in age too, not many guys from that era are still driving :(
I was abit shocked to hear that he'd not won at bathurst before. Much like the Rat something always goes wrong.
Then again sometimes the 2nd driver can bring you back from the brink too, Murphy and Richards case in point all Murphy was doing was complaining Richards got in and did something about it :thumbsup:
Wonder if he'll look at another team when his contract runs out (or someone else offer him a drive) or if he'll stay in a kiwi (kind of) based team and put up with the moaning.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 6 months

Postby Robbie on Wed 15/Oct/08 2:47pm

Kazmeistyr wrote:
jeremyb wrote: Whats the deal with kiwi racers being such whingers, old Slighty was probably the worst, but Murph is really showing a lack of class there....

Dare I say it, whinging is part of the kiwi psyche. Must be the pom ancestry.

nah, there are a few very fast Kiwi drivers who are not afflicted with Murph syndrome...

and I dont think Murph is the fastest or best kiwi V8 supercar driver out there, one demon lap excluded!
Robbie
Member for: 13 years 3 months

Postby Datsane on Wed 15/Oct/08 2:49pm

Dixion Springs to mind :thumbsup:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Postby molotovd on Wed 15/Oct/08 2:53pm

Datsane wrote: Dixion Springs to mind :thumbsup:
Thats not V8 supercars but... still fast kiwi driver...

Also, that guy johny reid that was driving the A1GP
molotovd

Postby Datsane on Wed 15/Oct/08 3:01pm

Could you say the Rat or Jason Richards?
Not sure how you would class them talent wise though.
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts