Postby ryda on Mon 13/Oct/08 8:18am

Datsane wrote: With about 20 to go Murph just appeared I was like WTF. Was nice to see him drive cleanly and not hear much about him then find him in the hunt for once.*
he almost chucked it away with another of his stupid moves. IMHO he is a one track wonder.
ryda
"WTF"
Member for: 11 years 8 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 13/Oct/08 8:34am

:pmob: Loved the race, a real shame about Skaife & Tander; they had some pretty bad luck go their way. Still, they made it to 5th place from 25th before more mishaps came their way, can only imagine what might have gone down had the clutch not given way on them on the start line.

Stellar finish to the race, Poor Richo didnt have a chance against Murph or Courtney on those tyres of his. Was cracking up at Murphs mechanics trying to tell him to get into some fresh air; you could almost see him thinking 'bugger ya, Ill have fresh air when im past him!'

And Lowndes' shout of annoyance at his mechanics for pestering him with information during the last few laps; I was almost on my knees with anticipation to see wether he'd run out of gas. Seeing his mechanics typing away on the calculators was hilarious.
Murphy was never going to catch him though; but another few laps would have seen them battling away whch would have been incredible to watch.
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"
Member for: 12 years 5 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 13/Oct/08 8:36am

:pmob: oh, wand What.The.Fuck is with those muppets Douchy, Rog & Aaron?!?!

They added precisly Fuck all to the broadcast. They said nothing that the Channel 7 team hadnt already and comments like:
"If Murphy can get past Richo in second place He'll be chasing down lowndes for 1st!"

Well DUUUHHH!!
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"

Postby molotovd on Mon 13/Oct/08 8:39am

Flyboy wrote: And Lowndes' shout of annoyance at his mechanics for pestering him with information during the last few laps;.

That was Murphy's team talking to murph... Not Lowndes.
molotovd
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 13/Oct/08 8:50am

:pmob: Was it? still funny, and that it was Murphy makes more sense.
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"

Postby molotovd on Mon 13/Oct/08 9:03am

LOL yeah was murph.. He's a bloody hot head. Thats why him and Ambose never got on. Both the same
molotovd
Member for: 11 years 5 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 13/Oct/08 9:04am

:pmob: It wasnt so much a response as it was a 'Grraaaaa!'
haha, as in, leave me the F alone, IM busy!
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"

Postby woodsy on Mon 13/Oct/08 11:09am

ryda wrote:
Datsane wrote: With about 20 to go Murph just appeared I was like WTF. Was nice to see him drive cleanly and not hear much about him then find him in the hunt for once.*
he almost chucked it away with another of his stupid moves. IMHO he is a one track wonder.

but it would have been someone elses fault :D not murph and it would give him something to whinge about

ps not a big fan of murph (as i put on my 00 motorsport lowndes hat on )
woodsy
Member for: 13 years 1 month

Postby jeremyb on Mon 13/Oct/08 11:14am

Whats the deal with kiwi racers being such whingers, old Slighty was probably the worst, but Murph is really showing a lack of class there....
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Kazmeistyr on Mon 13/Oct/08 12:21pm

jeremyb wrote: Whats the deal with kiwi racers being such whingers, old Slighty was probably the worst, but Murph is really showing a lack of class there....

Dare I say it, whinging is part of the kiwi psyche. Must be the pom ancestry.
Kazmeistyr
"has the power of Greyskull"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Postby neels on Mon 13/Oct/08 12:30pm

I thought it was funny how murph had a whine about how lowndes had damaged their car, ruined their race etc etc and then jason richards went out and drove the wheels off it to get them back into contetention, sort of meant murph had no excuses when he went back out.

888 will be buying a wallet full of lotto tickets after making it to the first pit stop with the tyre half off the rim, that could have gone really really pear shaped.

courtenay did well to get up after their problems with deflating tyres and adjusting for a broken anti roll bar that wasn't.

Shame about the glenfords car running out of gas one lap short, and for the bottle-o car binning it in the wall with 10 laps to go, both were looking at good finishes otherwise.

Excellent race as usual. :thumbsup:
neels
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 10 years 1 month

Postby wachtourak on Mon 13/Oct/08 12:55pm

Drivers like Murphy, Ingall, Ambrose back when he was racing etc add a bit of colour IMO, most of the drivers are dull as dishwater, at least those guys aren't afraid to tell it how it is.

ryda wrote:he almost chucked it away with another of his stupid moves. IMHO he is a one track wonder.

Where did Murphy almost 'chuck it away'? I never noticed him have any big moments. Yeah he whacked doorhandles with Lowndes in the first lap, but him and other drivers do that sorta thing all the time on the first lap of pretty much any race...
wachtourak
"IMDABES"
Member for: 14 years 10 months

Postby jeremyb on Mon 13/Oct/08 2:11pm

Jason Richards is a really nice guy, my first ever track training session was back in '94 he was the instructor :love:
jeremyb
"www.derailled.co.nz - New Zealand Cycling Forum"
Member for: 14 years 9 months

Postby Datsane on Mon 13/Oct/08 2:43pm

wachtourak wrote: Drivers like Murphy, Ingall, Ambrose back when he was racing etc add a bit of colour IMO, most of the drivers are dull as dishwater, at least those guys aren't afraid to tell it how it is.

ryda wrote:he almost chucked it away with another of his stupid moves. IMHO he is a one track wonder.

Where did Murphy almost 'chuck it away'? I never noticed him have any big moments. Yeah he whacked doorhandles with Lowndes in the first lap, but him and other drivers do that sorta thing all the time on the first lap of pretty much any race...
Ambrose would have to be one of the better drivers out there much like lowndes. Never really went for the tap for a tap shit and to get any kind of retaliation they would have to be pushed really hard. Ambrose was very vocal about drivers like Murphy's, Morris's, Kelly's, Cortney's etc... tactics when they drove.

I didn't see anything silly by Murphy either him having a moan about Lowndes on the first lap was rather funny. Jason made him look very second rate with his stint :thumbsup:
Datsane
"Chiave Inglese"
Member for: 13 years 4 months

Postby Flyboy on Mon 13/Oct/08 2:49pm

:pmob: Wel neither of them have been particularly good this year, current standings as 18th & 19th on the drivers table I believe?
And besides, anyone who still considers Murphy to be one of the creme de creme drivers isnt looking at reality I think given the past 2 years.
But like wachy said, he didnt exactly 'almost chuck it away' at any point??
Flyboy
"Destined for Disaster"

Motoring | Motorsport | Sifting - Latest Posts