Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:22pm

SlackBoy wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:What is in it for DoC by covering up the damage by using 1080?

What does a nonprofit goverment department get out of this deal?

:eh:


DOC is covering this up because they know if every one see;s the aweful impacts of 1080 they will be forced to stop it and will have to spend more money to use another method of pest control. 1080 is cheap
Cos we ALL know DOC has a super massive budget and loves throwing money around willy nilly



yes my point exactly.. they have a limted budget so rahter than create jobs in a recession and employ trapper which is actually CHEAPER than 1080 we will just kill absolutley everything and that will be better. they use it cause its cheap not because it is cost effective. trapping is the way to go
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby Jim on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:29pm

charliehopkins wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:What is in it for DoC by covering up the damage by using 1080?

What does a nonprofit goverment department get out of this deal?

:eh:


DOC is covering this up because they know if every one see;s the aweful impacts of 1080 they will be forced to stop it and will have to spend more money to use another method of pest control. 1080 is cheap
Cos we ALL know DOC has a super massive budget and loves throwing money around willy nilly



yes my point exactly.. they have a limted budget so rahter than create jobs in a recession and employ trapper which is actually CHEAPER than 1080 we will just kill absolutley everything and that will be better. they use it cause its cheap not because it is cost effective. trapping is the way to go


Good idea, does this mean that they (DoC) can capture and kill all the Deer, Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Possums, Bulls/Cows and any other non native animals that live on its controled land. One mass eradication.
Jim
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby BrokenKonaRider on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:29pm

To charlie
Are you a troll? 'Cos that is crazy talk. A 1080 drop will kill around 98% of possums and a similar number of rats. Pest that then feed on the carcasses also die.
Can you show me how trapping in remote areas can achieve that success rate at a lower cost? I don't think so.
[swats away troll]
BrokenKonaRider
User avatar
"Pants"
Member for: 14 years 1 month

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:39pm

Jim wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:What is in it for DoC by covering up the damage by using 1080?

What does a nonprofit goverment department get out of this deal?

:eh:


DOC is covering this up because they know if every one see;s the aweful impacts of 1080 they will be forced to stop it and will have to spend more money to use another method of pest control. 1080 is cheap
Cos we ALL know DOC has a super massive budget and loves throwing money around willy nilly



yes my point exactly.. they have a limted budget so rahter than create jobs in a recession and employ trapper which is actually CHEAPER than 1080 we will just kill absolutley everything and that will be better. they use it cause its cheap not because it is cost effective. trapping is the way to go


Good idea, does this mean that they (DoC) can capture and kill all the Deer, Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Possums, Bulls/Cows and any other non native animals that live on its controled land. One mass eradication.



there are regions of NZ like this EG Kapiti IS and yes it is great. im not saying all the non native mammals have to go. i have trapped all the possums of mi bush block so why cnat we trap. that only ever catches possums why so we have to sacrafice the native too???
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:42pm

BrokenKonaRider wrote:To charlie
Are you a troll? 'Cos that is crazy talk. A 1080 drop will kill around 98% of possums and a similar number of rats. Pest that then feed on the carcasses also die.
Can you show me how trapping in remote areas can achieve that success rate at a lower cost? I don't think so.
[swats away troll]



you do make a very storn point and you are completely right it does have a very high kill rate in possums but it has a very high kill rate of EVERYTHNG the birds, insects, fish, mammals eveythung. trapping only gets the possums

this ugly troll just did yo mum
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby KieranC on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:45pm

charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:What is in it for DoC by covering up the damage by using 1080?

What does a nonprofit goverment department get out of this deal?

:eh:


DOC is covering this up because they know if every one see;s the aweful impacts of 1080 they will be forced to stop it and will have to spend more money to use another method of pest control. 1080 is cheap
Cos we ALL know DOC has a super massive budget and loves throwing money around willy nilly



yes my point exactly.. they have a limted budget so rahter than create jobs in a recession and employ trapper which is actually CHEAPER than 1080 we will just kill absolutley everything and that will be better. they use it cause its cheap not because it is cost effective. trapping is the way to go


Good idea, does this mean that they (DoC) can capture and kill all the Deer, Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Possums, Bulls/Cows and any other non native animals that live on its controled land. One mass eradication.



there are regions of NZ like this EG Kapiti IS and yes it is great. im not saying all the non native mammals have to go. i have trapped all the possums of mi bush block so why cnat we trap. that only ever catches possums why so we have to sacrafice the native too???

did you trap all the rats, mice and mustelids too? what about the deer, pigs and goats? Have you shot them yet?
KieranC
Member for: 12 years 10 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:46pm

Jim wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:If it is killing all this birds and other wildlife why the fuck are they still doing it.

Sorry mate but you sound like a conspiracy theroy nutjob with an argument like that.


conspiracy theroy nutjob. Hey. one, atleast i can spell theory ae. do you really want to know why?? the money. the rest of the world has actually seen the effects of 1080 and how unhumane it is and just cnat stand it. so the very clever NZ government buys it extremely cheaply because no one else wants it. that is why. money!!!!

it is?

On a side note, I would not say anthing about spelling on the whole due to mine being bad, but, capital letters start a sentence, you only need one form of punctuation mark at the end of a sentence and it is spelt can not, not cnat.


side note accepted.
trapping is cheaper than 1080 and creates jobs when we realli need them.
yes deer do harm the natural environment like possums but in far far lesser numbers. due to the heavy 50's helisopter hunting there are buger al left. unlike the possums in which we have more possums than sheep. they eat more then 21 tonnes of matter everyday
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby Jim on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:49pm

charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
SlackBoy wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:
Jim wrote:What is in it for DoC by covering up the damage by using 1080?

What does a nonprofit goverment department get out of this deal?

:eh:


DOC is covering this up because they know if every one see;s the aweful impacts of 1080 they will be forced to stop it and will have to spend more money to use another method of pest control. 1080 is cheap
Cos we ALL know DOC has a super massive budget and loves throwing money around willy nilly



yes my point exactly.. they have a limted budget so rahter than create jobs in a recession and employ trapper which is actually CHEAPER than 1080 we will just kill absolutley everything and that will be better. they use it cause its cheap not because it is cost effective. trapping is the way to go


Good idea, does this mean that they (DoC) can capture and kill all the Deer, Pigs, Goats, Sheep, Possums, Bulls/Cows and any other non native animals that live on its controled land. One mass eradication.



there are regions of NZ like this EG Kapiti IS and yes it is great. im not saying all the non native mammals have to go. i have trapped all the possums of mi bush block so why cnat we trap. that only ever catches possums why so we have to sacrafice the native too???


Please, it is either they all go or non go, make your mind up, both are damaging the bush so both are a threat. You can not cull one speicies yet keep another for human enjoyment.

I agree 1080 is not the best answer to this subject, but when there is no other alternative that is as effective then we will have to put up with what seeds we sow.

Also, please deal to your spelling, it is making it hard to understand your argument.
Jim
User avatar
Member for: 15 years 0 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:49pm

no i didnt get the rats though we dont have sign of any. the goats adn stoats yes... deer dont haveany in the area and the only pigs are in the sty

and yes we also take out the plants the weeds that smother the natives before anyone gets so pathetic they move on to the trees
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:54pm

Please, it is either they all go or non go, make your mind up, both are damaging the bush so both are a threat. You can not cull one speicies yet keep another for human enjoyment.

I agree 1080 is not the best answer to this subject, but when there is no other alternative that is as effective then we will have to put up with what seeds we sow.

Also, please deal to your spelling, it is making it hard to understand your argument

sorri about the spelling i am just typing fast.

ok they all go

hand over the gold fish in your tank. the dog and rug and the cat walking along your fence. give me the horses that your daughter loves and the guinea pig you bought for little 6yr old sammy for his birhtday.

ill poison them all and then well be fair, i love my dog he has been with me through so much. i'll stop hunting and agree with 1080 the same time you get rid of all your beloved pets

no more working dogs on farms. they poo on the native grass which kills it. no more chickens their egg shells hurt the native snail. there is a difference between possum and our lovely german sheppard. they cant all go. maybe hunting parks are the answer but how amercanised can we get. what happened to fred dagg and barry crump the keen man and the hunting
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:55pm

jim what is your biggest hobbie and enjoyment in life?
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby E Dogg Capizzle on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:56pm

charliehopkins wrote:hand over the gold fish in your tank. the dog and rug and the cat walking along your fence. give me the horses that your daughter loves and the guinea pig you bought for little 6yr old sammy for his birhtday.

ill poison them all and then well be fair, i love my dog he has been with me through so much. i'll stop hunting and agree with 1080 the same time you get rid of all your beloved pets

no more working dogs on farms. they poo on the native grass which kills it. no more chickens their egg shells hurt the native snail. there is a difference between possum and our lovely german sheppard. they cant all go. maybe hunting parks are the answer but how amercanised can we get. what happened to fred dagg and barry crump the keen man and the hunting



:blink:
E Dogg Capizzle
User avatar
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
Member for: 17 years 0 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby neels on Thu 27/Aug/09 8:58pm

charliehopkins wrote:hand over the gold fish in your tank.

I'm pretty sure gold fish don't like eating native bush, so you could probably spare them, and only focus on the more voracious guinea pigs.
neels
User avatar
"I've got opinions, that don't make any sense"
Member for: 12 years 0 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby charliehopkins on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:00pm

neels wrote:
charliehopkins wrote:hand over the gold fish in your tank.

I'm pretty sure gold fish don't like eating native bush, so you could probably spare them, and only focus on the more voracious guinea pigs.


"they all go or not. make up your mind". gold fish are not a native. they must go with lucky the dog and sally the cat
charliehopkins
User avatar
Member for: 11 years 11 months

Re: 1080 Any Good?

Postby Wobbler on Thu 27/Aug/09 9:05pm

can we shoot all the horses also? especially the ones racing around, what sort of fag likes that sort of thing
Wobbler
User avatarMedal
Member for: 13 years 9 months

National Politics | Politics | Sifting - Latest Posts

Who is online

49 Users browsing this website: DotBot, Google [Bot] and 47 guests

REMEBER TO CLICK THE LINKS WHEN BUYING FROM VORB SUPPORTERS


  • Vorb Shop
  • Wiggle
  • Chain Reaction Cycles
  • GT Bicycles
  • ProBikeKit